ARL SUPPLEMENTARY STATISTICS QUESTIONNAIRE, 2003/2004
*Refer to footnotes below for complete information
Reported in Canadian dollars? No
1. Electronic journals purchased 30,940
2. Electronic full-text journals purchased 25,498
3. Electronic journals NOT purchased 1,589
4. Electronic reference sources 70
5. Electronic books 26,982
6. Expenditures for current electronic journals u/a
7. Expenditures for electronic full-text journals 5,694
8. Expenditures for electronic reference sources 658,618
9. Expenditures for electronic books u/a
SERVICE & RESOURCES
10. Number of virtual reference transactions 14,174
11. Federated searching of networked resources allowed? yes
12. Number of logins to networked electronic resources u/a
12a. Number of resources for which you are reporting u/a
13. Number of queries in networked electronic resources u/a
13a. Number of resources for which you are reporting u/a
14. Number of items requested in networked electronic resources u/a
14a. Number of resources for which you are reporting u/a
15a. Number of virtual visits to the library's website 803,345
15b. Number of virtual visits to the library's catalog 10,937
15c. Excludes virtual visits from inside the library? yes
16a. Number of digital library collections 8
16b. Size of digital library collections (in megabytes) 186
16c. Number of items in digital library collection 36,396
17a. Number of times digital items accessed 2,402
17b. Number of queries conducted for digital items 1,749
18a. Direct cost of digital collections - Personnel n/a
18b. Direct cost of digital collections - Equipment n/a
19. Volumes help collectively n/a
1: Actual amount is higher. The Law Library and the Business Library were unable to provide this data.
4: Actual amount is much higher. The Main Library System was unable to provide this data.
7. & 8: Actual amounts are much higher. The Main Library System was unable to provide this data.
10: This number excludes Law Library virtual reference transactions.
15a. & 15b: Actual visits are much higher. This number excludes the Main Library System.
17a. & 17b: Actual access and queries are much higher. This date excludes access and queries of the Rare Book Manuscript & Special Collections digital collection which contains the library's largest digital collection.
18a. & 18b: All past digitization projects were grant funded. Current funding information is not available.