1) Volumes held June 30, 2007 4,726,699
a) Volumes held June 20, 2006 4,649,956
b) Volumes added during year 76,743
i) Volumes added during year -- Gross 77,980
ii) Volumes withdrawn during the year 1,237
2) Number of monographic volumes purchased 62,157
3) Basis of volume count is: Bibliographic
4) Total number of current serial titles currently received, including periodicals 42,511
a) Number of serial titles currently purchased 42,511
i) Electronic serials purchased 33,688
ii) Print (and other format) serials 8,823
b) Number of serials titles currently received but not purchased ua
i) Electronic serials received but not purchased ua
ii) Print (and other format) serials received but not purchased ua
5) Government documents are included in count of Current Serials: no
Other Library Materials
6) Microform units 2,636,453
7) Government documents not counted elsewhere 1,252,784
8) Computer files 29,000
9) Manuscripts and archives (linear ft) 42,483
10) Cartographic 132,230
11) Graphic 368,764
12) Audio 54,923
13) Film and video 68,735
14) Are the below figures in Canadian dollars? no
15) Total library materials $12,464,846
a) Monographs $5,429,150
b) Serials, including periodicals $6,852,073
c) Other library materials ua
d) Miscellaneous $183,623
16) Contract Binding $153,734
Salaries and Wages
17) Total salaries and wages $11,557,684
a) Professional staff $7,378,003
b) Support staff $3,747,823
c) Student assistants $431,858
18) Fringe benefits are included in expenditures for salaries and wages no
19) Other operating expenditures $2,971,010
20) Total operating expenditures $27,147,274
Electronic Materials Expenditures
21) One-time electronic resource purchases $2,430,253
22) Ongoing electronic resource purchases $2,338,090
23) Bibliographic utilities, networks, and consortia $268,036
a) From internal library sources $268,036
b) From external sources $0
24) Computer hardware and software $706,744
25) Document delivery / Interlibrary loan $34,060
26) Total FTE Staff 286
a) Professional staff, FTE 137
b) Support staff, FTE 120
c) Student assistants, FTE 29
Staffed Service Points and Hours
27) Number of library service points 9
28) Number of weekly public service hours
149 Main Library
29) Number of library presentations to groups 516
a) Figure based on sampling? no
30) Number of total participants in group presentations 7,223
a) Figure based on sampling? no
31) Number of reference transactions 131,004
a) Figure based on sampling? yes
32) Number of initial circulations (excluding reserves) 343,841
33) Total circulations (initial and renewals, excluding reserves) 506,296
34) Total number of filled requests for materials provided to other libraries 23,201
35) Total number of filled requests for materials received from other libraries or providers 23,007
Ph.D. Degrees and Faculty
36) Number of Ph.D.s awarded in FY 2007 288
37) Number of fields in which Ph.D.s can be awarded 44
38) Number of full-time instructional faculty in FY 2007 991
Enrollment -- Fall 2006 (totals)
39) Full-time students, undergraduate and graduate 12,824
40) Part-time students, undergraduate and graduate 293
41) Full-time graduate students 6,627
42) Part-time graduate students 276
4. Decrease due to new serial count methodology established by ARL.
15.a. Large increase in monographic expenditures is the result of extensive additional funding for FY08-12 from the University Strategic Investment Plan (SIP) for acquiring electronic journal back files and retrospective electronic collections.
15.c. Actual amount is higher. Retrieval by material format is not readily available from the integrated library system.
19. Decrease due to a decrease in other operating expenditures in FY07.
21. Large increase in monographic or one time expenditures is the result of extensive additional funding for FY08-12 from the University Strategic Investment Plan (SIP) for acquiring electronic journal back files and retrospective electronic collections.
23.a. Included are expenditures for four bibliographic utilities: SOLINET cataloging services, GOBI Plus (YBP); YBP cataloging records for approval, and RLG Union Catalog. Increase over FY06 due to omission of SOLINET charges in responses in previous years.
24. Increase due to a hardware refresh for most library staff and an increase of hardware purchases for patrons in public service areas.
25. In previous fiscal years SOLINET ILL/document delivery funding was omitted from this response.
34. Decrease due to a decrease in total requests filled in FY07.
35. Decrease due to a decrease in requests received in FY07.
40. Decrease due to normal fluctuations in enrollment.
42. Decrease due to normal fluctuations in enrollment.
Unless otherwise specified on this page, this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.