- Fall 2011 Website Statistics report (.pdf, 830KB) (August 29 to December 18, 2011)
- Library Website Accessibility Assessment (December 15, 2011)
- Library Website statistics for the 2010-2011 year (July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011)
- Heatmaps of Key Library Pages: Spring 2011 (March / April 2011)
- Library Website statistics for the 2009-2010 year (July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010)
- Home Page "Search Resources" Follow-up Presentation - January 13, 2010
- Home Page "Search Resources" Library Presentation - December 16, 2009
- Home Page "Search Resources" tab interface user interview study Report - December 9, 2009
- Home Page Usage: Heatmaps and usage summary for October 11 - 17, 2009
About Web Assessment
Duke University Libraries' Web Interfaces Group (WIG) sponsors regular assessment activities of the Libraries’ homepage and supporting pages. This assessment includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Public reporting of web statistics via Google Analytics each semester and at the end of the second summer session.
- User studies in the form of usability studies, circle-mapping, or user interviews of the homepage annually: conducted at the end of the spring semester; analysis and reporting early summer; and changes implemented by start of classes fall semester.
- User studies in the form of usability studies, user interviews, or focus groups will be conducted on major web interfaces like the Search Resources collective and individual components every year, mid year: analysis and reporting and changes implemented by start of classes fall semester.
- Content authors will be expected to assess their websites and pages, independently.
The WIG will publish findings and relevant statistics.
Staff from the Libraries' Digital Experience Services department provide assessment-related training and support on the use of Google Analytics and the Libraries' Usability Lab.