Duke University Libraries are administered through the Executive Group, consisting of the following staff and departments:
- the University Librarian and Vice Provost for Library Affairs
- the Associate University Librarian for Collections and User Services
- the Associate University Librarian for Administrative Services
- the Associate University Librarian for Development
- the Associate University Librarian for Information Technology Services
An administrative council of library department heads serves in an advisory capacity to the Executive Group. The Library Council, whose faculty and student members are appointed by the Provost, also advises the University Librarian. In addition, the Library Advisory Board — which includes prominent Duke alumni, parents and friends and is appointed by the President of the University — provides support and counsel on campus library matters.
The Office of the University Librarian includes:
- the Executive Group
- the offices of Development and Communications
- the Office of Copyright and Scholarly Communication
- support staff
The administration of Duke University Libraries works closely with the staff of the independently administered professional school libraries to provide comprehensive library services to the Duke community.