The Collection Strategy and Development department coordinates the strategic development and management of the collections at Duke University Libraries. Staff and subject specialists work closely with faculty to devise collection strategies that support instruction and research.
Collaborating with subject specialists, we participate in these activities:
- assessing collection strengths
- budgeting for and selecting materials in all formats
- creating and enhancing consortial arrangements with libraries beyond Duke
- making preservation decisions
- reviewing and processing gift collections
- supporting collection-specific materials on approval
Send us your recommendations for purchase.