Our mission is to provide services and infrastructure to support community discovery of information resources by:
- building, implementing and supporting library applications
- leveraging frameworks and tools to expose data
- coordinating server and storage infrastructure
- providing tools that support the technology needs of library staff
- helping staff analyze data and/or workflow to identify efficiency gains using technology tools
Our vision is to:
- be a key partner in transitioning Duke University Libraries to Kuali Open Library Environment (OLE)
- become a self-service enabler by enhancing effective discovery by researchers and patrons
- establish a transparent and structured approach to supporting services and applications
- strategically use external service providers
- We will collaborate with our external partners to take advantage of their available resources while focusing our efforts on library technology innovations.
- We will encourage evidenced-based decision making and reward the effort in reaching that ideal.
- We will focus on our stated goals and attempt to make accurate budgetary projections regarding costs for all aspects of our operation including innovation, maintenance and support.