Digital Projects and Production Services
The Digital Production Initiatives Department (DPI) brings together a staff skilled in various aspects of information technology to support the mission of Duke University Libraries. Our skills include curation of digital objects, digitization of library collections, metadata creation, project management, and the development of strategies for sustainable programs. We support and services for digital curation and production at DUL. Our responsibilities include:
- Reformatting library collections to promote their discovery, access, and use in research
- Preserving digital assets of value to the Duke community
- Leading initiatives related to digitization and digital preservation
- Consulting and support in our areas of expertise: include digital capture, metadata architecture, digital asset curation, and web design
Our department includes a team of Digital Repository Content Analysts, a Metadata Architect, a Digital Project Developer, and the Digital Production Center, which performs high-quality digital captures of physical collections.
Our projects include:
- digitization of collections held by the libraries and selected campus partners.
- support for the libraries' efforts in digital preservation.
- metadata architecture and consulting.