Digital Projects and Production Services
The Digital Projects and Production Services Department (DPPS) brings together a staff skilled in various aspects of information technology to support the mission of Duke University Libraries. Our skills include application development, digitization of library collections, metadata creation, project management, and the development of strategies for sustainable programs. Our mission of consists of four main areas:
- Digitization services and consulting for the Duke community
- Collaboration and consulting on a wide range of digital library projects
- Oversight and management of the library's digital collections program
- Leadership in technology in the library
Our department includes a team of Digital Projects Developers, a Metadata Architect (position currently open), and the Digital Production Center, which performs high-quality digital captures of physical collections.
Our projects include:
- page design and branding for the Duke University Libraries website.
- development and maintenance of the Duke Digital Collections website. On this site, we publish digital captures of collections held by the libraries.
- digitization of collections held by the libraries and selected campus partners.
- support for the libraries' efforts in digital preservation.
- innovative approaches to the discovery and visualization of library resources.
From Our Blog:
The Digital Projects and Production Services is excited to announce that the 1940s andMay 20, 2016
The SNCC Digital Gateway is a collaborative, MellonMay 12, 2016
Back in the fall, we convened a Metadata Task Group (which I chair) charged, in part, withMay 6, 2016
In 2013, the average price for aApril 29, 2016
You might think that three posts about the Extended Date Time Format (EDTF) is three too many for oneApril 22, 2016