Digital Projects and Production Services
The Digital Projects and Production Services Department provides systems and services that support the digital mission of Perkins and Bostock Libraries. We collaborate widely to help Duke University realize its strategic goals and to establish Duke University Libraries as campus IT leaders. We also provide patron services in the area of digital reproduction, and leadership in the development of innovative technologies.
Our department combines the Digital Projects group, which consists of a team of web developers and a project coordinator, and the Digital Production Center, which performs high-quality digital captures of physical collections. Our staff members are skilled in the areas of application development, digital capture of physical materials and project coordination.
Our major areas of responsibility include:
- page design and branding for the Duke University Libraries website.
- development and maintenance of the Duke Digital Collections website. On this site, we publish digital captures of collections held by the libraries.
- digitization of collections held by the libraries and selected campus partners.
- support for the libraries' efforts in digital preservation.
- innovative approaches to the discovery and visualization of library resources.
The Digital Projects and Production Services manages a dynamic and varied project portfolio. Click here to learn about our active projects. If you are a member of the Duke University Libraries community and are interested in proposing a new project, visit our sharepoint site. If you have questions about any of these projects contact Molly Bragg, Digital Projects Coordinator.
From Our Blog:
Just under a year ago Duke UniversityOctober 17, 2014
October 17, 2014
My recent posts have touched on endangered analog audio formats (open reel tape and compact cassette) and the challengesOctober 10, 2014
Name: Tim McGeary
Position: AUL for IT Services
Years at Duke: 3 weeks
What I do at Duke: I lead the ITS organization and participate in the Executive Group forOctober 8, 2014
October 3, 2014