Digital Projects and Production Services
The Digital Projects and Production Services Department provides web development and digitization services in support of the mission of Duke University Libraries. We collaborate widely to help Duke University realize its strategic goals and to establish Duke University Libraries as campus IT leaders. We also provide oversight of the library's digital collections program, and leadership in the area of technology innovation.
Our department combines the Digital Projects group, which consists of a team of web developers and a project coordinator, and the Digital Production Center, which performs high-quality digital captures of physical collections. Our staff members are skilled in the areas of application development, digital capture of physical materials, and project management.
Our major areas of responsibility include:
- page design and branding for the Duke University Libraries website.
- development and maintenance of the Duke Digital Collections website. On this site, we publish digital captures of collections held by the libraries.
- digitization of collections held by the libraries and selected campus partners.
- support for the libraries' efforts in digital preservation.
- innovative approaches to the discovery and visualization of library resources.
From Our Blog:
On Monday, March 2nd, the new website, One Person, One Vote: The Legacy of SNCC and the Fight for VotingMarch 27, 2015
Fifty years ago this week, Duke students faced off with computers in model carMarch 20, 2015
I have been thinking lately about tools that make tasks I repeat frequently more efficient. For example, I’m anMarch 15, 2015
As Curator for the History of Medicine Collections in the Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, I have the opportunity toMarch 9, 2015
My last several posts have focused on endangered audio formats: open reel tape, compact cassette, and DAT. Each of theseMarch 6, 2015