Digital Projects and Production Services
The Digital Projects and Production Services Department (DPPS) brings together a staff skilled in various aspects of information technology to support the mission of Duke University Libraries. Our skills include application development, digitization of library collections, metadata creation, project management, and the development of strategies for sustainable programs. Our mission of consists of four main areas:
- Digitization services and consulting for the Duke community
- Collaboration and consulting on a wide range of digital library projects
- Oversight and management of the library's digital collections program
- Leadership in technology in the library
Our department includes a team of Digital Projects Developers, a Metadata Architect (position currently open), and the Digital Production Center, which performs high-quality digital captures of physical collections.
Our projects include:
- page design and branding for the Duke University Libraries website.
- development and maintenance of the Duke Digital Collections website. On this site, we publish digital captures of collections held by the libraries.
- digitization of collections held by the libraries and selected campus partners.
- support for the libraries' efforts in digital preservation.
- innovative approaches to the discovery and visualization of library resources.
From Our Blog:
As the Digital Collections Program Manager at DUL, I spend most of my time managing projects. I really enjoy theOctober 21, 2016
A few weeks ago I attended my second HopScotch Design Fest in downtown Raleigh. Overall theOctober 14, 2016
Back in March I wrote a blog post about the Library exploring Multispectral Imaging (MSI) to see if itOctober 7, 2016
September 30, 2016
My work involves a lot of problem-solving and problemSeptember 21, 2016