Digital Projects and Production Services
The Digital Projects and Production Services Department (DPPS) brings together a staff skilled in various aspects of information technology to support the mission of Duke University Libraries. Our skills include application development, digitization of library collections, metadata creation, project management, and the development of strategies for sustainable programs. Our mission of consists of four main areas:
- Digitization services and consulting for the Duke community
- Collaboration and consulting on a wide range of digital library projects
- Oversight and management of the library's digital collections program
- Leadership in technology in the library
Our department includes a team of Digital Projects Developers, a Metadata Architect (position currently open), and the Digital Production Center, which performs high-quality digital captures of physical collections.
Our projects include:
- page design and branding for the Duke University Libraries website.
- development and maintenance of the Duke Digital Collections website. On this site, we publish digital captures of collections held by the libraries.
- digitization of collections held by the libraries and selected campus partners.
- support for the libraries' efforts in digital preservation.
- innovative approaches to the discovery and visualization of library resources.
From Our Blog:
My work involves a lot of problem-solving and problemSeptember 21, 2016
Information Technology Services Duke University Libraries Meet our staff Enterprise Services & Portfolio Management The Enterprise Services team handles software development for the Duke University Libraries. We support a variety of technology initiatives including the library website, theSeptember 15, 2016
Information Technology Services Duke University Libraries Meet our staff Core Services Core ServicesSeptember 15, 2016
Information Technology Services Duke University Libraries Meet our staff Data and Visualization Services Analyze, discover, manage, map, and visualize your data with Duke Libraries Data and Visualization Services. Our team of six consultants and three interns provides a broad range ofSeptember 15, 2016
Information Technology Services Duke University Libraries Meet our staff Digital Production Initiatives DPI works with partners in the library to develop and maintain web services. We also provide oversight, digitization services, and development for the library’s digital collections programSeptember 15, 2016