Articulate the ways the Libraries' collections, services, and initiatives align with the University priorities of excellence in research and teaching, internationalization, interdisciplinarity and knowledge in the service of society.
Develop a broad understanding across the Libraries of University priorities.
- Sponsor staff events and follow-up activities that explain University priorities and
their implications for the Libraries.
Address emerging University priorities in library planning and assessment activities.
- Evaluate new projects and programs in terms of fit with University priorities.
- Connect PEP plans and departmental goals with University priorities as reflected in the Libraries’ strategic plan.
- Design repositories and library digital infrastructure with broad access and interdisciplinary needs in mind.
- Review acquisitions process for international materials and determine if an integrated selection tool such as WorldCat Selection will make it easier to acquire international materials.
- Implement a student learning outcomes assessment program for the Libraries’ instructional activities.
Connect the Libraries with University priorities in our external communications.
- Demonstrate alignment of Libraries projects with University priorities on website and other public-facing venues, such as fundraising materials, other publicity materials, exhibits, and events.