Browse or search the collection on this site.
AdViews on iTunes
(requires iTunes software)
Interviews with various experts regarding the AdViews project, television commercials, and the DMB&B ad agency.
About AdViewsThe AdViews digital collection provides access to thousands of historic commercials created for clients or acquired by the D'Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles (DMB&B) advertising agency or its predecessor during the 1950s - 1980s. All of the commercials held in the DMB&B Archives will be digitized, allowing students and researchers access to a wide range of vintage brand advertising from the first four decades of mainstream commercial television.
AdViews is a collaborative project between the Digital Collections Program and the Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History, as well as a number of other groups, at Duke University.
- Hartman Center for Sales Advertising and Marketing History: Curatorial work, permissions research, and advertising agency, company, and brand information. Television commercials in AdViews are part of the John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History.
- Duke Digital Collections Program: Overall project management, file management, metadata, AdViews Expert Interviews, technical infrastructure, and web publication.
- Archive of Documentary Arts: Film preservation and digitization standards, vendor workflow, file management, and web publication.
- A/V Geeks: Digitization of 16mm film, post-digitization processing, and metadata.
- Duke University Office of Information Technology: Storage infrastructure for the digital collection and iTunes U support.
- Duke University Libraries Office of Communication: Publicity and coordination of AdViews Expert Interviews.
- Duke Media Services with Shelvia Dancy: Production of AdViews Expert Interviews.