Frank Clyde Brown, photograph

Item Information help

  • Description
    Portrait photograph of Frank Clyde Brown. Sticker on back reads: "DURHAM ENGRAVING CO." From Duke University Archives Finding Aid for the Frank Clyde Brown Papers: "Between 1924 and 1930, Brown was deeply absorbed in the expansion of Trinity College into Duke University, serving as a member of the Building Committee of the Board of Trustees and as the first comptroller of the University. As comptroller, he acted as the liaison for architects, contractors, suppliers, administrators, and faculty in the designing, construction, and equipping of the redesigned East Campus, which became the Woman's College, and of the completely new West Campus. Brown is credited with contributing many original ideas to the building plans, foremost of which was the discovery of the nearby Hillsborough, N.C. stone and the recommendation that this material be utilized in the construction of the Gothic West Campus."
blog comments powered by Disqus