EAA Search Tips
The search field allows you to search for words possibly found in an advertisement's headline, or in the names of a company, product, publication, etc. which would be included in the description of the advertisement in this database. Once you have entered the word(s) you would like to search for, you are able to search across the entire collection for that term(s) or further limit your searching by choosing a facet from the menu on the lower left hand side. Any search will yield a list of available items, organized by company, product, subject, and year which will allow you to narrow your results.
Keyword Searchable fields:
- Ad Number
- Artist's Name
- Famous Names
- Publication Name
Pre-set searches that will help you to find ads containing specific types of illustration (including minorities, children, sports, etc.) or specialized advertising devices, such as coupons, that may be of particular interest.
- African/African American in Illustration
- Native American in Illustration
- Asian in Illustration
- Pacific Islander in Illustration
- Middle East/Arab in Illustration
You may narrow any of these searches by category, by clicking any of the categories displayed in the side facet bar.
Searchable collection categories in EAA are:
- Advertising Ephemera Collection
- Broadsides Collection
- Nicole Di Bona Peterson Collection of Advertising Cookbooks
- Early Advertising Publications
- J. Walter Thompson Company "House Ads"
- Ellis Collection of Kodakiana
- Lever Brothers' Lux Soap (Flakes)
- R. C. Maxwell Company Collection
- Tobacco Advertising