- Interactive map of Gamble's travels.
- Timeline of Gamble's life.
- Original documentary: Pilgrimage to Miao Feng Shan
- Essay by Jonathan D. Spence.
Published Works and Affiliations originally published in China between Revolutions: Photographs by Sidney D. Gamble 1917-1927. An exhibition organized by the Sidney D. Gamble Foundation for China Studies and China Institute in America in collaboration with the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service / editor and curator, Nancy Jervis. Used with permission.
Published Works by Sidney Gamble:
- Peking: A Social Survey New York: George H. Doran Co., 1921.
- Price, Wages, and The Standard of Living in Peking, 1900-1924 Coauthored with T'ien-pei Meng Peking (China): Peking Express Press, 1926.
- "Peiping Family Budget" Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Sciences 152 (November 1930): 81-88
- Household Accounts of Two Chinese Families New York: China Institute in America, 1931.
- How Chinese Families Live in Peiping New York: Funk & Wagnalls, 1933.
- "A Chinese Green Crop Society" in Essays in Social Economics Berkeley: University of California Press, 1936.
- "The Disappearance of Foot-Binding in Ting Hsien" American Journal of Sociology 49 (September 1943): 181-83
- "Daily Wages of Unskilled Chinese Laborers, 1807-1902" Far Eastern Quarterly 3 (November 1943): 41-52
- "Hsin Chuang, A Study of Chinese Village Finance" Harvard Journal of Asiatic Studies 8 (March 1944): 1-33
- "A Chinese Mutual Savings Society" Far Eastern Quarterly 4 (November 1944): 41-52
- "Four Hundred Chinese Farms" Far Eastern Quarterly 4 (August 1945): 341-66
- Ting Hsien: A North China Rural Community. New York: Institute of Pacific Relations, 1954.
- North China Villages: Social, Political and Economic Activities Before 1933. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1963.
- Chinese Village Plays Edited by Sidney D. Gamble Amersterdam: Philo Press, 1970.
- 北京的社会调查 Translation of Peking: A Social Survey by Yubing Chen Beijing: Zhongguo Shu Dian, 2010.
- 二十五年来北京之物价工资及生活程度 Translation of Price, Wages, and The Standard of Living in Peking, 1900-1924 by Tianpei Meng. Beijing: Guo Li Beijing Da Xue Chu Ban Bu, 1926.
Research on Sidney Gamble & His Photographs:
- Xing, Wenjun. "Social Gospel, Social Economics, and the YMCA: Sidney D. Gamble and Princeton-in-Peking." Univeristy of Massachusetts Amherst, 1992.
- Shen Hong. 西湖百象：美国传教士甘博民国初年拍摄的杭州老照片 Jinan: Shandong Ren Min Chu Ban She, 2010.