Music Library blog posts
Duke University’s newest students will find the answers to these questions (and more!) on the Library’s First-Year Library Services portal page.Lilly Library on East Campus
Each August, a new class of undergraduates arrives in Durham ready to immerse themselves in the Duke Community. Duke University Libraries serve as the core of intellectual life on campus. Because East Campus is home to the First-Year students, Lilly and Music Libraries have the unique opportunity to introduce our newest “Dukies” to the array of Library resources and research services available.
To help navigate the vast library resources, there is a portal especially for First-Year Students. Through this portal page, new students (and even some not-so-new) can discover all that the Duke University Libraries offer:
- Quick Facts: about collections and loan policies
- Where: to study, print, and … eat!
- How: to find and check out books, films & other media, and get…
- Help!: Meet the “who” – Librarians, Specialists, & First-Year Residence Hall Librarians
- Research 101: how to navigate the Research Process
- Citation 101: how to cite using recommended styles
*Learn the answers in our list of the Top 12 Questions, as determined by First-Year Library Advisory Board students.
Here’s to a great and successful Fall Semester!