Sarah P. Duke (Mrs. Benjamin N. Duke), Oil on canvas, 23" x 29," by C.S. Wiltschek
Sarah Pearson Angier Duke (1856-1936), wife of Benjamin N. Duke, helped establish the Sarah P. Duke Gardens located on the West Campus of Duke University. For more information about the Gardens, see a "Brief History of the Sarah P. Duke Gardens." She also joined with Trinity faculty to establish literary clubs comprised of community and campus members.
This portrait hangs in the north foyer of the second floor on the right wall at the top of the stairs. Another portrait of her hangs in Lilly Library's Main Lobby.
Wiltscheck also painted a portrait of Benjamin N. Duke, which hangs on Lilly Library's first floor.
Unless otherwise specified on this page, this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.