My Library Card
Go on-line to check your own account. Verify materials charged to your account, check on requests, check on pending fines and renew materials.
Renew materials by accessing My Library Card
and clicking on Renew. As long as an item is not requested by another user or is not assumed lost (see fines
), you may renew it for another borrowing period.
Request that an item be recalled from its current borrower (Note: All borrowers may use items for at least two weeks; after two, weeks, items may be requested for recall). Only Duke faculty, students, and employees may use this service. D
esignate your preferred pick-up location for the item, and you will be notified when it is available.
- Loan Periods View circulation periods for all items, including books, DVDs and more.
Lilly Library issues cards to users not currently registered with the University, including Duke alumni, unaffiliated visiting scholars, Friends of the Library, Museum Docents, hospital patients and RTP employees. Cards are good for one year from the date they are issued. A maximum of ten books may be checked out at a time.
- Campus Borrowers Cards provide access to all Perkins System libraries, as well as the Medical Center Library, Law Library and Fuqua School of Business Library at a cost of $100 per year ($75 for Alumni and Friends of the library).
- Perkins/Divinity Borrowers Cards provide access to Perkins System Libraries (Biology-Environment, Chemistry, Engineering, Lilly, Math-Physics, Music, and Perkins), as well as the Divinity School Library at a cost of $50 per year (no charge for Alumni and Friends of the Library).
- Students at TRLN institutions (UNC, NCCU, NCSU) may use their home institution ID cards to borrow materials.
- Family of Duke faculty and staff may obtain free library cards at the Perkins Library and Lilly Library circulation desks.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute enrollees have library borrowing privileges in the Perkins System for the period(s) that they are registered.
Lockers, Laptops and Videocameras