- You can check out all materials at Pearse Memorial Library except reference books and current issues of journals.
- If you are a non-Duke borrower, you must get permission from the librarian to borrow books.
- Pearse Memorial Library at the Duke Marine Lab utilizes Duke University Libraries' online circulation system. Therefore, if you cannot find a book you need at the Marine Lab Library, you can request it from another library in the Duke system.
- Faculty & Graduate students: 1 year
- Staff & Undergraduates: 1 month
- Renew books from the Marine Lab Library or other Duke libraries through My Accounts.
- Another patron can recall your book two weeks after you have checked it out.
- You will receive an email letting you know of the book's new due date.
- Return a recalled book by the new due date, or you may incur a fine of $3 per day.
- Return all Duke books and books from other libraries in the Marine Lab Library book drop.
- You must return A/V materials and equipment loans, such as iPads, directly to library staff. Do not leave these materials in the book drop.
- Find Course Reserves directly behind "New Books," located on shelves immediately on right after entering the library.
- Course Reserves are organized by course name & number.
- Please note: Course Reserves do not circulate without specific permission from the instructor.
Document Delivery Services
- Marine Lab community can request book chapters and articles from Duke University Libraries and from other institutional libraries.