The staff of the Lilly Library hosted a reception recently to celebrate the unveiling of a portrait of Evelyn Harrison WC'30, head of the Woman's College Library (now Lilly Library) from 1949 until her retirement in 1979. Miss Harrison was a mentor and supportive friend to librarians across the country, and she was often the first role model of a successful female administrator for the women who studied and worked at the library.
Under the leadership of Sally Schauman WC'59, a group of Miss Harrison's admirers--friends, alumnae, and family--engaged New York artist Steven Polson to paint her portrait, which now hangs in the Lilly Library lobby.
|University Librarian Deborah Jakubs (l) and Kelley Lawton, head of the Lilly Library, at the unveiling of the portrait of Evelyn Harrison|
Unless otherwise specified on this page, this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.