Get the Best @ the Library: Full-Text Digitized Books!
- What is it?
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) contains scanned (PDF) images of over 125,000 books, pamphlets, and broadsides published in English.
- What does it cover?
- Virtually every work printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and British North America from 1473 to 1700. Contains everything from the first book printed in English to the sonnets and plays of Shakespeare.
- Why use it?
- Take a look at the first edition of Spenser's Faerie Queene, Donne's Devotions upon Emergent Occasions, and more!
- Search for specific items—from book dedications to recipes—published during this time period.
- Download and search the full-text of thousands of plays, sermons, collections of poetry, and more.
Click here to search this Duke University Libraries' database.
Have questions? Save time, Ask a Librarian!
Posted 28 July 2008
Last modified June 6, 2008 3:30:29 PM EDT