- What is it?
- Black Studies Center (BSC) is a database that brings together essential information for teaching and research. Search the Schomburg Studies on the Black Experience, the International Index to Black Periodicals, historical black newspapers, and the Black Literature Index with one click.
- What does it include?
- BSC provides current and historical material on African Americans, Africa, and the African Diaspora. Includes essays, timelines, newspaper articles, video clips, and images.
- Why use it?
- Read essays written by leading scholars on the Black Experience.
- Browse videos, images, and a timeline of black movements and experiences.
- View the full-text of influential black newspapers, such as the Chicago Defender and the Daily Defender.
- Search Black Literature Index for poetry, literary reviews, and fiction published in black periodicals and newspapers from 1827-1940.
Click here to search this Duke University Libraries’ database.
Have questions? Save time, Ask a Librarian!