- What is it?
- Film Indexes Online is a database that simultaneously searches Film Index International and the American Film Institute (AFI) catalog. It provides the most authoritative and detailed coverage of films available.
- What does it include?
- Entries in Film Indexes Online include plot summaries, cast information, production notes, and extensive references to film reviews and criticism. Film Index International documents over 120,000 films from 1900-present, produced internationally, and AFI provides coverage of 48,000 American films from 1893-1971.
- Why use it?
- Quickly find references for film reviews, articles, and film criticism.
- Get biographical information on stars from the first silent movies to current blockbusters!
- Great for researching international films because it contains many references from hard to find sources in languages other than English.
Click here to search this Duke University Libraries’ database.
Have questions? Save time, Ask a Librarian!