- What is it?
- PAIS International is a database that indexes the social sciences with emphasis on contemporary worldwide social, economic, and political issues.
- What does it include?
- PAIS International contains references to more than 553,300 journal articles, books, government documents, statistical directories, grey literature, research reports, conference reports, publications of international agencies, microfiche, and Internet material.
- PAIS International covers 1972-present. Our subscription includes the PAIS Archive that provides coverage from 1937-1976.
- Why use it?
- Covers important political, economic, and social issues. Topics include agriculture, banking, demographics, education, environment, finance, government, law, legislation, political science, social sciences, statistics, and many more.
- Includes publications from over 120 countries throughout the world. In addition to English, some of the indexed materials are published in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Browse “Discovery Guides” that provide comprehensive information on current topics.
Click here to search this Duke University Libraries’ database.
Have questions? Save time, Ask a Librarian!