The International Association and the Duke Libraries take great pleasure in inviting you to experience the very best this world has to offer – all in one evening!
PANGAEA: THE LIBRARY PARTY!
One World. One Party
FRIDAY, Feb. 27: 9PM-Midnight
Duke Libraries + The LINK!
A semi formal event for Duke Students, alumni, faculty and staff at Perkins Library
From the Serengeti plains to Bollywood's hot spots...from Arabian oases to a quintessential European nightclub...the tastes, sights and sounds of Perkins, Bostock, VDH and the Link will envelope you in a cultural experience like none other!
• For the first time ever - THE LINK as "Club Pangaea" - techno, world music & glow sticks - experience global nightlife with DJ Mirakulus and special performances by Defining Movement and the Stop Motion crew.
• Café Funquê: All the way from Brazil - the band brings their unique flavor of Funk, Rock, Bossa Nova, Samba, Jazz..get ready for an explosive mix!
• dub Addis, an Ethiopian & Reggae Band performing in Perkins: Groove to their soulful melodies embedded in the polyrhythm of Africa!
• DUU Campus Concerts brings you Panda Force & the Soulless Dogs Blues Band performing live in Bostock. Additional live performances by Chinese Traditional Dance!
• Senior Champagne Toast in Bostock--In memory of Aalok Modi- all proceeds go to the Aalok S. Modi Global Health Fund. www.asmgrant.org
Pangaea is being made possible thanks to the generous support of:
Office of the Provost, Office of the Vice President, Office of International Strategy, John Spencer Bassett Memorial Fund, Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education,
Campus Council, SOFC, GPSC, Office of the Vice Provost for
International Affairs, Pratt School of Engineering, Office of
Information Technology, Department of Economics,Office of the Vice
Provost for the Arts, Alumni Association, Department of Earth & Ocean
Sciences, Department of Physics, Office of the Vice President for
Public Affairs, Kenan Institute for Ethics, DCLACS, Asia & Pacific
Studies Institute, Center for Documentary Studies, Duke Islamic
Studies Center, Department of Cultural Anthropology, Graduate Liberal
Studies, Department of Religion, Annual Fund, Department of Asian and
Middle Eastern Studies, Department of Global Health, ISIS, Center for
International Comparative Law, Duke School of Medicine,Department of
Biomedical Engineering, Department of Canadian Studies, Office for
Institutional Equity, Department of Political Science, UAEM,
Department of Psychology, Department of Literature, Duke Public
Speaking Club, Program in Education, DUU Campus Concerts, DUU Visual Arts Committee, Phi
Delta Theta Fraternity, OSAF, Bulgarian Students Association, Turkish
Students Association, Dukes & Duchesses, The Chanticleer, Passport
Magazine, Defining Movement, Stop Motion Crew, Duke Chinese Dance, DJ
Unless otherwise specified on this page, this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.