Digital Scholarship Services helps researchers conduct digital projects. Our staff is ready to help you:
- Plan and implement a digital research project
- Learn about and apply digital approaches to your academic work
- Gain hands-on experience and training in digital scholarship
- Connect with useful expertise and resources at Duke
How do I take advantage of your services?
- Participate in one of our training workshops and events
- Apply for a student position in our department
- Talk with us about your research project
Whatever your project may be, we guide you through digital approaches to conducting, analyzing and sharing your research.
With colleagues across campus and at other Research Triangle institutions, we help you understand digital tools and platforms, methods and issues in research.
- Upcoming: Learn about and register for upcoming training and events
- Previous: See topic summaries, slides, and speaker bios for previous events
- Contact us with questions about training possibilities or to suggest topics for future programs
Digital Scholarship Services builds firsthand experience with digital research approaches and issues through the following training opportunities.
- Research assistantships (12-months, renewable) in digital humanities for Duke University doctoral students
- Field experiences (1-2 semesters) for School of Information and Library Science masters students
- Contact us to learn more about training opportunities and to apply.
Considering a digital research project, or already started and need some help? Our staff is ready to
- talk with you about your research project
- locate and coordinate needed support
- partner with you to implement your project
Contact us if you need assistance in getting your project started or help with moving it forward.
Talk through project ideas
- Consider how to pursue your research using digital approaches
- Identify the digital tools and methods that best support your research questions and project needs
- Develop a plan for pursuing a digital research project
Locate expertise & resources
- Locate people and resources to help your project
- Find and connect with the support your project needs
Implement your project
- Receive assistance with digital components of your research
- Partner with us on a joint project supporting the strategic priorities of the Duke University Libraries and Duke University
- Learn about previous projects with Libraries partners
- Contact Will Shaw with questions about your current Humanties Writ Large project
- For all other project questions, contact Liz Milewicz