Printing in the
Times Digital Archive
- To search for a word in an article and have results display
oldest to newest use a Keyword Search
- To search for a word in an article and have the best matches
first do a Relevance Search
- To browse article by article, Browse by Date
- To search by author, subject, day of week, etc use the Advanced
Search. For more help with this see Advanced Search in the Help
- Use search limits to find advertisements, news, people,
Note: This database does not cross-reference for British and
American spelling variations. For instance a search for "color"
yields one result, while "colour" gives hundreds.
Results: Three formats
will show up for each citation.
- Article -- shows a scanned version of just the article with the
- Page -- shows a scanned version of the entire page with the
terms highlighted, and the article outlined in red (however, it
prints just the article)
- PDF -- shows a PDF version of the scanned article, no terms are
- Article and Page will print with terms highlighted, PDF will
- Only use the print buttons provided within the database -- DO
NOT use the browser print button
- Article and Page will only print the cited article, PDF will
print the entire page
- Changing the size of the article you are viewing will not
change the printed size. To change the print size choose "E-Mail or
Retrieval" on the left, and choose 2 1/2 landscape (which prints
two pages horizontally), or 41/4 portrait (which prints four pages
- In PDF use the graphic select tool (located at the right side
of the toolbar) to select an area, then choose print. Make sure
that in the print range section "graphic" is selected. Use this
option to get the largest printed version.