Chemistry and Reference web sites
- WWW Virtual Library - Chemistry - A list of links to various useful categories of Chemistry pages from academic institutions, nonprofits, and corporations.
- Yahoo - Chemistry - Yahoo's list of categories for chemistry.
- ChemDex-Sheffield List of Chemistry Internet Sites - The Sheffield ChemDexTM is part of Chemdex.org and has existed on the WWW since 1993. It is regularly updated and contains over 5000 links to chemistry-related sites.
- Chemical Information Sources from Indiana University - CHEMINFO will help you find and learn how to use chemistry information resources on the Internet and elsewhere.
- TORVS Chemical Internet Services - Many useful programs and resources for chemistry here.
- Trinity University Cheminformatics Site - This WWW site is dedicated to exploring the use of the internet as a means for distributing chemical information.
- Internet Resources: Chemistry - Part of the Internet Resources for Science and Mathematics Education. Collected by Tom O'Haver for the Maryland Collaborative for Teacher Preparation.
- Rolf Claessen's Chemistry Index - Especially useful is the Databases section of the Index, but there is also information on companies, journals, and patents.
- Chemical and Physical Property Information Resources in the Chemistry Library - A list by property of available references in the Chemistry Library - VERY USEFUL!
- AccessScience @ McGraw-Hill is an encyclopedia of scienceand technology. It provides the full text of over 7,000 articles, 115,000 definitions, and 1,200 biographies of scientists. AccessScience also offers weekly news articles, biographies, research updates, and lists of other resources.
- Locating Patent Information on the WWW - A guide to finding patent information on the Web, with links.
- Chemical Conference and Society Meetings Information - Links to two databases which list/announce upcoming meetings and conferences.
- IUPAC Recommendations on Organic and Biochemical Nomenclature - The official IUPAC site for naming organic and biochemical compounds.
- Facts & Figures for Chemical R & D - C & E News, 1998 - The most recent annual Facts and Figures article (October 1998)
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers - A search engine for information on manufacturers and their products on the Web (free registration required for use)
- Federal Sources of Research Funding - A list (with links) of several federal funding sources
- Community of Science, Inc. Funding News - A search engine to find funding sources for scientific research
- Chemical Education Book Publishers - Contact information on the major publishers, from the Journal of Chemical Education.
- Ask Jeeves - Named for the omniscient valet Jeeves in P.G. Wodehouse's famous novels, this is a meta search engine which uses natural language processing. Also Anne and K.T.'s favorite search engine. VERY USEFUL!
- Dogpile - Another great meta search engine.
- Ask a Librarian - Get general reference help through chat or email to the Perkins Library Reference staff.
- The Internet Public Library - An online library, with resources, "pathfinders" (resource guides), and virtual reference librarians. You can ask the librarians at the IPL a question and get a response in about a week.
- Federal Government Public Documents and Information - A general list of online documents available through Duke Public Documents and Maps Department
- A Web of Online Dictionaries - A meta engine for searching over 800 dictionaries in 160 different languages.
Last modified February 1, 2012 11:51:11 AM EST