International Governmental Organizations
League of Nations Reference & Online Resources
Click on thumbnail to see larger image.
Covenant of the League of Nations
League of Nations Photo Archive
The site gives an overview of the history of the League, including a bibliography, photo collection, lists of officials, delegates, ministers, and a detailed League time line.
League of Nations Statistical and Disarmament Documents
The documents in this digitized collection focus on three areas: the founding of the League, international statistics published by the League, and the League's work toward international disarmament.
Library of the United Nations Office, Geneva Archives
> League of Nations Search Engine (LONSEA)
> League of Nations Chronology
World Health Organization (WHO) Library
> League of Nations Malaria Documents
This site contains 282 documents, in PDF format, published by the Malaria Commission between the years of 1924-1932.
> History of the League of Nations
Reference Works & Bibliographies
- Aufricht, Hans.
- Guide to League of Nations publications : a bibliographical survey of the work of the League, 1920-1947.
New York : Columbia University Press, 1951.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Aufr
Law Library JZ4869 .A94 1951
Appendices: 1. Documents relating to the League of nations.--2. Documents relating to the International Labor Organization and the Permanent Court of International Justice.--3. Documents relating to the transfer of League of Nations assets and functions to the United Nations.
- Beck, Peter J.
- British documents on foreign affairs--reports and papers from the Foreign Office confidential print. Part II, from the first to the Second World War. Series J, the League of Nations, 1918-1941.
[Frederick, Md.] : University Publications of America, 1992-
Perkins/Bostock Library KZ4871 .B758 1992 Check availability @ Duke
Contents: v. 1. Britain and the League of Nations, 1918-1941: Attitudes and policy -- v. 2. The League of Nations and its members, 1924-1939 -- v. 3. The question of disarmament, 1924-1931. -- v. 4. The question of disarmament, 1932-1933 -- v. 5. The question of disarmament, 1933-1934 -- v. 6. The question of disarmament, 1934-1938 and naval disarmament discussions, 1924-1936. -- v. 7-8. International disputes and the machinery of peace, 1924-1941. -- v. 9. Legal and administrative questions, 1924-1939. -- v. 10. Mandates, minorities and economic and social questions at the League, 1925-1940.
- Birchfield, Mary Eva.
- Consolidated catalog of League of Nations publications offered for sale.
Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. : Oceana Publications, c1976.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Birc
- Carroll, Marie J.
- Key to League of Nations documents placed on public sale.
Boston, Mass. : World Peace Foundation, 1930-.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Carr
Library has: 1920-1929; suppls.: 1 (1930)-4 (1934-36)
- Ghébali, Victor Yves.
- A repertoire of League of Nations serial documents, 1919-1947. Répertoire des séries de documents de la Societé des Nations 1919-1947.
Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., Oceana Publications, 1973.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Gheb
- Ginneken, Anique H. M. van
- Historical dictionary of the League of Nations.
Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2006.
Perkins/Bostock Reference JZ4869 .G56 2006 Check availability @ Duke
- International Labour Office.
- International Labour review: Index.
Geneva: International Labour Office.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref ILR
Library has: v.1(1921)-v.20(1929); v.31(1935)-v.75(1957); v.51(1945)-v.130(1991).
- McCaffrey-Noviss, Michael.
- "The League of Nations" in:
Hajnal, Peter I. International Information: Documents, Publications, and Electronic Information of International Government Organizations. pp.139-162
Englewood, Co.: Libraries Unlimited, Inc., 1997
Perkins/Bostock Reference JZ4850 .I58 1997
Ford Library Reference JZ4850 .I58 1997
Law Library Reference JZ4850 .I58 1997
- Pease, Mina.
- The Consolidated index to the I.L.O. legislative series 1919-1970.
New York, Unifo Publishers, 1975.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Peas
- Reno, Edward A.
- League of Nations documents, 1919-1946; a descriptive guide and key to the microfilm collection.
New Haven, Conn., Research Publications, 1973-75.
Perkins Public Documents/Maps League of Nations Lref Reno
A guide to all of the League of Nations documents published by Research Publications as part of its microfilm project: League of Nations documents and publications, 1919-1946.
Studies & Histories
- Bendiner, Elmer.
- A time for angels : the tragicomic history of the League of Nations.
New York : Knopf : distributed by Random House, 1975.
Perkins/Bostock Library JZ4871 .B463 1975 Check availability @ Duke
- Ranshofen-Wertheimer, Egon Ferdinand.
- The international Secretariat, a great experiment in international administration.
Washington: Carnegie endowment for international peace, 1945.
Perkins/Bostock Library KZ1237 .S783 no.3 Check availability @ Duke
- Walters, F. P. (Francis Paul).
- A history of the League of Nations.
London ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1965
Perkins/Bostock Library JZ4871 .W359 1965 Check availability @ Duke
For a list of works on the history of the League of Nations in Duke's collections, perform a subject heading search on League of Nations -- History.
Last modified January 14, 2012 1:21:50 PM EST