- East Asian Studies Databases (English language)
- To start, search the Bibliography of Asian Studies together with a general database (Academic Onefile or Proquest) and then choose a subject-specific database such as MLA (Literature), Historical Abstracts, PAIS (Political Science).
- Getting Started has more information on key English resources as well as tips for doing research using Japanese language resources, including: How to search for books and articles, key databases, encyclopedias, useful bibliographies, periodicals held at Duke, and websites;
- Reference tools can aid your research by providing information on names, people and places, statistics, and words;
- Subject Guides include subject specific resources such as encyclopedias, compilations of texts, image and data resources, discussion lists, search tips - for Art History, Economics, History, Law, Linguistics, Literature, Political Science, Popular Culture, Religion and Women's Studies;
- Visual resources provides information on print sources in the East Asian Collection, art books in Lilly and online collections;
- Primary sources include materials in the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book and Manuscript Library, microfilm collections, newspapers, and government documents;
- Institutions Supporting Japan Studies can facilitate your research by providing information about other institutions in North America, including East Asian Collections, travel grants, interlibrary loan with Japan, associations, conferences, foundations, researchers, and scholarships;
- Doing Research in Japan presents information on libraries, museums and living/working in Japan.
This guide is based on the Japanese Collection at Duke. The left hand bar provides navigation between sections, while feature boxes on the right may link to relevant resources found elsewhere in the site.
If you have questions or comments about this website, want to suggest a title for purchase, schedule a library instruction session, or set up a personal research consultation, please contact the Librarian for Japanese Studies.