Carroll, Bernice, et al. Peace and War: A Guide to Bibliographies. Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-Clio, 1983. (Library Service Center 016.327172 C139 P355 1983)
- An annotated guide to bibliographies; Part III includes more than four hundred bibliographies on war (history; world wars; causes; economic, social, political and psychological aspects; war crimes; etc.)
- Center of Military History, U.S. Army. A Guide to the Study and Use of Military History Ed. by John E. Jessup, Jr. and Robert W. Coakley. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1979. (DOCS D114.12:St9)
- Designed to explain the uses of military history and the resources available for its study. Includes annotated listings of reference works and historical periodicals. Author/title/subject index.
Croddy, Eric. Chemical and Biological Warfare: An Annotated Bibliography. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 1997. (Ref. UG447 .C763 1997 )
DeVries, Kelly. A Cumulative Bibliography of Medieval Military History and Technology. Leiden; Boston: Brill, 2002. (U37 .D487 2002 )
Hacker, Barton C. World Military History Bibliography: Premodern and Nonwestern Military Institutions and Warfare. Leiden; Boston: Brill, 2003. (Ref. D25 .H335 2003 )
- Military History Bibliography and Guide: A Revised, Expanded and Selected Annotated Listing of Sources with Military History Bibliographies. Comp. by Alan Conrad Aimone. 5th ed. West Point, N.Y.: U. S. Military Academy, 1987. (Ref. D25 .M555 1987 )
- Includes periodical articles, books, government studies, etc. Emphasizes U.S. military history, though other areas and historical periods are covered. Author/title index.
- Official Histories: Essays and Bibliographies from Around the World. Ed. by Robin Higham. Manhattan, Kan.: Kansas State University Library, 1970. (Ref. D25 .H544 1970 )
Comprehensive coverage by military historians. Arranged by country; no index.
- Official Military Historical Offices and Sources. Ed. by Robin Higham. 2.v. (v. 1. Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and India, v. 2. The Western hemisphere and the Pacific Rim) Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 2000. (Ref. D25.5 .O34 2000 )
- Special Bibliography Series, no. 1-. Carlisle Barracks, Pa.: U.S. Army Military Research Collection, 1970-. (DOCS D114.14:)
- Subjects vary; check the DOCS shelflist for topics covered.
- U. S. Military Academy, West Point. Library. Subject Catalog of the Military Art and Science Collection With Selected Author and Added Entries, Including a Preliminary Guide to the Manuscript Collection. 4 v. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood, 1969. (z355 FU58S)
- An extensive subject listing of books, articles and manuscripts. Emphasizes, but is not restricted to, modern history and land-based operations.
- U.S. Superintendent of Documents. Military History. (DOCS REF. GP3.22/2:98)
- A subject bibliography of materials currently in print. Classification numbers included. Updated irregularly.
- See also: The Anthropology of War: A Bibliography (GN497 .F47 1988 ); War Crimes, War Criminals, and War Crimes Trials: An Annotated Bibliography and Source Book (Ref. KZ1168 .T886 1986 ); and Guerrilla Warfare: A Historical, Biographical, and Bibliographical Sourcebook (Ref. U240 .J58 1996 ).