North Carolina State Documents
- North Carolina
- Location of NC Legal Materials
- Other U.S. States
North Carolina Documents at Perkins Library
Perkins Library is an official depository for North Carolina public documents. The collection includes the following components.
- Core Collection
- This consists of major reference publications that we receive in paper. These materials are searchable in the online catalog.
- Microfiche Collection
- We receive the majority of our North Carolina public documents in microfiche format. These are cataloged in the online catalog.
Microfiche readers are available on the first floor of the Bostock Library.
- Legal Materials
- Please refer to our location guide to major North Carolina legal materials in the library
Links to Web Sites with North Carolina Information
Other U.S. States
Other U.S. State Documents at Perkins Library
- Core Materials for All States
- Perkins Library collects a limited number of publications from states besides North Carolina. We try to purchase paper copies, when available, of certain core materials for all U.S. states. These include legislative blue books, government manuals, statistical abstracts, directories, and sources with crime statistics and vital statistics (births, deaths, and marriages).
Usually, the most recent copy we have is available in the Perkins reference area, with older editions shelved in the regular Perkins stacks. Please check the online catalog for the call number and location of specific titles.
- Key States
- For certain states, primarily in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, we make an effort to collect more than just the core materials listed above, including sources with information on labor, human services, education, and natural resources. These key states consist of Maryland, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee.
- Maps and Travel Information
- Maps and travel information for U.S. states may be found in the map collection of the Public Documents and Maps Department. Most of these materials are uncataloged, so please ask for assistance when first using the collection.
- Legal Materials
- Legal publications from other states might be found in the Perkins Library stacks or in the Law Library. Please check the online catalog for the location of specific titles.
- Online publications
- Many state agencies are putting more of their publications and statistics online. Try going to some of the links we've provided to information on different U.S. states.
Links to Web Sites with Information on Specific U.S. States
Last modified February 1, 2012 11:54:05 AM EST