East Residence Hall Librarian
What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing laptops, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Coordinator for The Edge and Librarian for Research & Instructional Services
Office: Box 90175
Mailbox: Box 90175 Durham, NC 27708-0175
Brittany is the librarian for sociology and cultural anthropology and coordinator for The Edge. She first came to Duke as a graduate field experience student at Lilly Library and never left. She enjoys coordinating services for project teams working in The Edge and working with students and faculty alike on interesting research questions.
A native Chapel Hillian, Brittany has learned to love Durham and Duke. She has a B.A. in English and Creative Writing from UNC-Chapel Hill and a MLS from NCCU. She enjoys contra dancing, reading, ambitious cooking projects (bread-making, anyone?), playing Trivial Pursuit and long walks in the woods.