Giles Residence Hall Librarian
What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing laptops, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Librarian for Film, Video, & Digital Media and Women's Studies
Office: 108 Lilly Library
Mailbox: Box 90725 Durham, NC 27708-0175
Danette is Librarian for Film, Video & Digital Media. She's based on East Campus in Lilly Library and enjoys all aspects of working with first-year students. She has the best job on campus--buying documentaries, popular movies and t.v. series across subjects and departments. The film/video collection is housed in Lilly. Feel free to suggest new titles! Fun fact: patrons love to butter her up in hopes of reducing video late fees…
A San Francisco native, Danette studied acting extensively; her early claim to fame is a 1978 Afterschool Special. In earlier lifetimes she worked as a bookkeeper in N.Y.C. and in L.A. as a game tester for Bobcat's Big A** Show and personal assistant to Miss Glynis Johns. These days Danette keeps busy with toddler, Cora, husband, Jeff, and two exotic and vocal Bengal cats — Genghis and Gustav.