Giles Residence Hall Librarian
What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing laptops, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Librarian for Western Europe
Office: 232 Bostock Library
Mailbox: Box 90195 Durham, NC 27708-0175
Heidi is the Librarian for Western European Studies and an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of German Studies. She develops collections of materials from and about Europe and provides general research help as well as specialized help on European topics that require use of foreign language materials.
Originally from the Rhineland-Palatinate Region in Germany, Heidi received a bachelor degree at Uni Tübingen, a PhD in Comparative Literature from UNC Chapel Hill, and an MLS from NCCU. She lives in Chapel Hill with her husband, who is on the faculty of the Duke Medical Center, and her three daughters. Her favorite places or long walks on the weekend include Duke Gardens, Duke Forest, West Point on the Eno, University Lake in Chapel Hill, and Pullen Park in Raleigh.