Giles Residence Hall Librarian
What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing laptops, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Head, Humanities Section; Librarian for Literature and Theater Studies
Office: 233 Perkins Library
Mailbox: Box 90175 Durham, NC 27708-0175
Sara is the Librarian for Literature and Theater Studies, working with students and faculty in the departments of English and Theater Studies as well as the Literature Program. She especially enjoys shifts on the reference desks at Lilly and Perkins, working with scholars at all levels on their research, and buying books for the Perkins New & Noteworthy Collection (feel free to suggest your favorite new books!).
Originally from small-town southern Illinois, Sara is a Duke alumna from the glory days (T '91, G '93), when getting into the Duke-Carolina mens' basketball game required camping out for only three nights (albeit without wireless). Sara was a librarian at the University of Chicago and the Univeristy of Texas-Austin before returning to Duke in 2001. She lives in an old house not far from East Campus with her husband (T '92), their three children, a dog, two cats and numerous other small animals, and can often be spotted zipping between campuses on her Honda scooter.