Giles Residence Hall Librarian
What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing laptops, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Research & Instructional Services Librarian
Office: 108 Lilly Library
Mailbox: Box 90725 Durham, NC 27708-0175
Andrea is a Research & Instructional Services Librarian at Lilly Library. She started at Duke a few months ago and is most excited to work with students and help them with any of their research needs. Working with students is not new to Andrea—she spent more than seven years working as an academic advisor and especially enjoyed getting to know first-year students and helping them get acclimated to college life.
Originally from Missouri, Andrea has lived in England, France, Kentucky, and now the great state of North Carolina. She obtained her BA in Political Science from the University of Missouri and an MS in Library Science from the University of Kentucky. Andrea is aware that she may be a stereotypical librarian—she wears cardigans, loves to read, listens to NPR, wears glasses and has two adorable cats—but she is also a pop culture/TV junkie and spends way too much time watching Netflix. Andrea currently lives in Raleigh with her husband and the aforementioned adorable cats, Mishka & Oscar.