Randolph Residence Hall Librarian
What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing laptops, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Librarian for Engineering, Physics and Computer Science
Office: 411 Chapel Drive
Mailbox: Box 90175 Durham, NC 27708-0175
Melanie is the librarian for engineering, physics and computer science. She has been at Duke since the summer of 2013. Previously, she spent 14 years working as a mechanical engineer in the furniture, automotive and electronic industries. A move to North Carolina and an opportunity to meet people while volunteering at the public library resulted in a change in course. She decided to go back to school part-time for her second masters; receiving her library degree from UNC-CH in 2012. She is excited to be at Duke with the opportunity to combine her engineering and research knowledge to help students with their STEM pursuits and education.
Outside of libraryland, Melanie is a self-described sci-fi dork and an art lover. She enjoys traveling, and is working on the goal to visit all of the National Parks in the United States.