Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
Guide to Materials in the Perkins Reference Collection, 1960s-present
- Humm, Maggie. The Dictionary of Feminist Theory.
Columbus: Ohio State University Press, 1990.
- Perkins Reference 305.4201 J925 D554 1990.
This book contains a broad cross-cultural and international account
of contemporary feminist thought. The primary focus of the book is
on Anglo-American and French theory.
- Andermahr, Sonya Terry Lovell, Carol Wolkowitz. A Glossary
of Feminist Theory. London: Arnold, 1997.
- Perkins Reference 305.4201 A543 G563 1997.
A glossary that captures the concepts of the second wave of
feminist theory. It also traces the variety of ways concepts have
been used throughout this period, and in some cases throughout
- Tuttle, Lisa. Encyclopedia of Feminism. New York, New
York: Facts on File Publications, 1986.
- Perkins Reference 305.420321 T967 E56 1986.
The encyclopedia includes an overview of feminism from the past
into the 1980s and provides a framework for terminology used in a
variety of feminist texts.
- Kramarae, Cheris and Paula A. Treichler. A Feminist
Dictionary. Boston: Pandora Press, 1985.
- Perkins Reference 305.420321 K89 F329 1985.
Provides definitions for people, events, ideas, and events and then
places them into a feminist context.
- Boles, Janet and Diane Long Hoeveler. Historical Dictionary
of Feminism. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 2004.
- Perkins Reference HQ 1115 .B65 2004.
A handbook of information about the history of the feminist
movements. Provides descriptions of people, ideas and events.
- Code, Lorraine Ed. Encyclopedia of Feminist Theories.
London: Routledge, 2000.
- Perkins Reference 305.4203 E56 2000.
A cross disciplinary encyclopedia that was designed to be
accessible to all academics, regardless of discipline. This
encyclopedia covers a variety of feminist theories and also
includes mini-biographies of prominent feminist theorists.
- Cullen-DuPont, Kathryn. Encyclopedia of Women's History in
America. New York, New York: Facts on File Publications,
- Perkins Reference 305.4097303 C967 E56 2000.
Provides an overview of the mobilization efforts of women
throughout American history. The encyclopedia also includes entries
about specific women who have affected the course of American
history, either in the broad sense or within a specific
Last modified June 12, 2006 12:49:51 PM EDT