Preliminary Guide to the Appalachian Society of American Foresters Records, 1921-1999 and undated
Newsletters, executive meeting minutes, directories, correspondence, election information, meeting critiques, and other printed matter document the activities of the Appalachian Society of American Foresters between 1921-1994. Records found in the collection include position descriptions, committee charters, by-laws, and copies of the organization's journal, Trail Blazer. There is also a report on the recovery from Hurricane Hugo (1989).
- Appalachian Society of American Foresters records 1921-1999 and undated
- Appalachian Society of American Foresters.
- 9.0 Linear Feet, Approximately 5209 Items
- David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
- Alphabetical Files Series, 1921-1999 and undated
- Professional Papers Series, 1958-1975 and undated
- Accession (11-24-86), 1984-1986 and undated
- Accession (88-095), 1986-1988 and undated
- Accession 91-154, 1977-1989 and undated
- Accession (93-101)
- Accession (1998-0309), 1989-1994 and undated
- Accession (1999-0239)
- Accession (2013-0062), 1985-2005
Collection is open for research.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48 hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to Duke University. For more information, consult the copyright section of the Regulations and Procedures of the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
Contains minutes and conference proceedings.
Consists of correspondence, meeting minutes and pamphlets.
Chiefly contains issues of The Trail Blazer, various other publications, and meeting minutes.
Contains correspondence, bylaws, minutes, ASAF directory of leadership and position descriptions.
Contains minutes of Executive Committee meetings and annual business meetings as well as leadership directories.
This series includes APSAF charters, leadership directories with conact information for various members, information on elections, reports from the Executive Committee, and correspondence.
A professional organization of foresters active in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia. Formerly the Society of American Foresters - Appalachian Section.
[Identification of item], Appalachian Society of American Foresters Records, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
Acquired as a gift between 1986 and 1999.
Preliminary processing by Lisa Stark
Completed March 20, 2000
Encoded by Lisa Stark and Ted Holt, 2000 and 2009
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.
This collection is partially processed: some materials have not been ordered and described beyond their original condition.