Preliminary Guide to the Commentary Advertising Pages, 1961-1992
Collection consists of covers and advertising sections only taken from several decades of Commentary magazine issues. The material illustrates products, pitches, and endorsers marketed to the readership, primarily well-educated American Jews. Acquired as part of the John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History.
- Commentary advertising pages 1961-1992
- John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising and Marketing History.
- 3.6 Linear Feet, 183 Items
- David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Collection is open for research.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48 hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to Duke University. For more information, consult the copyright section of the Regulations and Procedures of the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
Magazine published by the American Jewish Committee primarily for the Jewish population in the United States.
- American Jewish Committee
- Commentary(New York, N.Y.)
- Advertising -- United States
- Jews -- Periodicals
- Jews -- United States -- Periodicals
- Jewish periodicals
- Target marketing
- Minority consumers -- United States.
- Advertising, Magazine
- Ethnic groups -- Periodicals.
- Ethnicity -- Periodicals.
- Group identity -- Periodicals
- John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History
[Identification of item], Commentary advertising pages, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
Processed by Joshua Kaiser
Completed June 12, 2002
Encoded by Ruth E. Bryan and Joshua Kaiser
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.
This collection is unprocessed: materials may not have been ordered and described beyond their original condition.