Preliminary Guide to the Durham Central Labor Union Records, ca. 1921-1971
Minutes, financial records, correspondence, memorabilia, and other materials from various Durham labor unions and their local umbrella organization, the Durham Central Labor Union. Accession 2001-0007 has been interfiled with accession 1999-0158.
The individual unions include: Tobacco Workers International Union Local 183; International Association of Bridge, Structural, and Ornamental Iron Workers Local 636; International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 553; United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America Local 522; Painters and Decorators Local 678; Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 585, Office Employees International Union Local 84; International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, and Helpers Local 81; and Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterer's International Union Local 10.
- Durham Central Labor Union Records, circa 1921-1971
- Durham Central Labor Union
- 45 Linear Feet, 6602 Items
- David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Collection is open for research.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48 hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to Duke University. For more information, consult the copyright section of the Regulations and Procedures of the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
See also Oversize.
See also Oversize.
See also oversize.
The Durham Central Labor Union is the umbrella organization for Durham labor unions.
The records came from the upper floor of the St. Luke Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ building, formerly Durham's Central Union Hall (or Labor Temple).
- Durham Central Labor Union.
- Tobacco Workers International Union. Local No. 183.
- International Association of Bridge, Structural, and Ornamental Iron Workers Local No. 636.
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local No. 553.
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. Local No. 522.
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators and Paperhangers of America. Local No. 678.
- United Association of Plumbers and Steam Fitters of the United States and Canada. Local No. 585.
- Office Employees International Union. Local 84.
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, and Helpers. Local No. 81.
- Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers' International Union. Local No. 10.
- Labor unions--North Carolina.
- Labor unions--United States.
- Labor unions--North Carolina--Finance.
[Identification of item], Durham Central Labor Union, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University
The David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library received this collection as a purchase, 1999.
Processed by Don Sechler
Completed May 18, 1999
Encoded by Ruth E. Bryan
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.
This is unprocessed: materials may not have been ordered and described beyond their original condition.