Preliminary Guide to the Mary Watson Fowler Papers, [ca. 1861]-1980
Collection contains letters, memoranda, clippings, printed materials, writings, photographs, and other materials centered primarily upon Fowler, an unpublished author. Included are manuscripts of novels and stories, printed and typed writings of others, some historical writings, and research about Charlottesville, Albemarle Co., and Lynchburg, Va. There are some photographs from Hyde Co., N.C. Clippings concern the career and writings of Lynchburg newspaperwoman Martha Rivers Adams.
- Mary Watson Fowler papers [ca. 1861]-1980
- Fowler, Mary Watson
- 260 Items
- David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Collection is open for research.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48 hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to Duke University. For more information, consult the copyright section of the Regulations and Procedures of the Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library.
N.C. author; resident of Va. Married to Walter Everett Fowler.
- Fowler, Mary Watson, 1877-1947
- Adams, Martha Rivers, 1882-1959
- Women authors, American -- North Carolina Correspondence
- Women authors, American -- Virginia Correspondence
- Charlottesville (Va.) -- History
- Albemarle County (Va.) -- History
- Lynchburg (Va.) -- History
- Hyde County (N.C.) Pictorial works
[Identification of item], Mary Watson Fowler Papers, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
The Mary Watson Fowler Papers were received by the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library as gifts in 1980, 1981, and 1984.
Completed July 27, 1998
Encoded by Walt Evans
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.
This collection is unprocessed: materials may not have been ordered and described beyond their original condition.