Inventory of the Claud Bethune Green Papers, 1908-1979
Professor of English, Clemson University (So. Carolina).
Lecture notes, correspondence, reading lists, bibliographies, syllabi, addresses, unpublished articles and other material.
- David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University
- Green, Claud Bethune, 1914-1979.
- Claud Bethune Green Papers, 1908-1979
- Language of Material
- 5.5 Linear Feet, 1329 Items
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Correspondence, lecture notes, reading lists, syllabi for theme writing and American literature courses, bibliographies of Christopher John Brennan, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and John Bannister Tabb, addresses and unpublished articles, and printed material, relating to Fulbright lectureships, including Green's own to the Universities of Adelaide and Sydney, Australia, 1956, Clemson University, and James Dickey. Includes correspondence with the family of John Trotwood Moore concerning Green's dissertation and book about Moore, and writings comparing education in Australia to that in the U.S.
Collection is open for research.
However, collection may contain materials to which the Acknowledgment of Legal Responsibilities and Privacy Rights form applies. Patrons must sign this form before using this collection.
Also, all or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. Consequently, there may be a 24-hour delay in obtaining these materials.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to Duke University. For more information, consult the copyright section of the Regulations and Procedures of the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
Claud Bethune Green was a Professor of English at Clemson University in South Carolina.
- American literature--Study and teaching.
- Brennan, Christopher John, 1870-1932.
- Clemson University--Faculty.
- College teachers--Correspondence.
- Dickey, James.
- Education, Higher--Australia.
- Education, Higher--United States.
- Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864.
- Moore, John Trotwood, 1858-1929.
- Tabb, John B. (John Bannister), 1845-1909.
[Identification of item], Claud Bethune Green Papers, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
The Claud Bethune Green Papers were received by the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library as a gift in 1979-1982.
Processed by Kimberly Sims, May 2011
Encoded by Kimberly Sims, July 2011
Descriptive sources and standards used to create this inventory: DACS, EAD, NCEAD guidelines, and local Style Guide.
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.