Guide to the Isabella Grant Meredith Papers, 1845-1930
Chiefly consists of correspondence and genealogy pertaining to the playwright Meredith including the following families: Bliss, Billings, Dow, Grant, Meredith, Miner, Palmer, and Sanford. Correspondence includes letters from A.G. Bliss, Fannie Grant Bliss, Kate Grant Bliss, Julia Grant, and others. Also includes printed material, writings and speeches, and clippings. Contains Meredith's diary (1868, October-1881, August) which mentions the Sirosis Club, a progressive club for women which held lectures on scientific topics during the late 1870s and early 1880s. The diary also includes information about Meredith's play, "Mistress Anne: A Drama of the Seventeenth Century," (ca. 1873) is included. Meredith also wrote magazine articles under the pseudonym of "Papillon."
- Isabella Grant Meredith papers 1845-1930
- Meredith, Isabella Grant, 1838-
- Duke University. David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library Durham, North Carolina 27708-0185
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the library's online catalog.
Collection is open for research.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48 hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library to use this collection.
The copyright interests in this collection have not been transferred to Duke University. For more information please consult the section on copyright in the Regulations and Procedures of the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
Isabella Grant Meredith was a playwright in New York, N.Y.
- Dow family -- Genealogy.
- Grant family -- Genealogy.
- Palmer family -- Genealogy.
- Miner family -- Genealogy.
- Sanford family -- Genealogy.
- Meredith family -- Genealogy.
- Billings family -- Genealogy.
- Sirosis Club (New York, N.Y.).
- Dramatists -- Papers of.
- Women dramatists, American -- New York.
- Diaries -- Women
[Identification of item], Isabella Grant Meredith Papers, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
Encoded by Alvin Pollock
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.