Inventory of the Julian Abele Reference Collection, 1974-2009
Julian Abele was the chief designer for Horace Trumbauer's architectural firm in Philadelphia, PA. He designed the buildings for the Duke University campus, including Duke Chapel. The reference collection includes articles, correspondence, clippings, printed and genealogical material, and other files related to Abele.
- University Archives, Duke University
- Duke University. University Archives.
- Julian Abele Reference Collection, 1974-2009
- Language of Material
- 0.25 Linear Feet, 125 Items
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Patrons must sign the Acknowledgement of Legal Responsibility and Privacy Rights form before using this collection.
Also, all or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. Consequently, there may be a 24-hour delay in obtaining these materials.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the University Archives to use this collection.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- University Archives Rolled Items Collection (Duke University Archives)
- Horace Trumbauer Architectural Drawings Collection, 1924-1958 (Duke University Archives)
[Identification of item], Julian Abele Reference Collection, University Archives, Duke University.
The Julian Abele Reference Collection was compiled by the University Archives from a variety of sources.
Processed by Kimberly Sims, January 2013
Encoded by Kimberly Sims, January 2013
Descriptive sources and standards used to create this inventory: DACS, EAD, NCEAD guidelines, and local Style Guide.
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.