Guide to the Asian Students Association records, 1995-2005
Contains the records of the Duke University Asian Students Association from 1995-2005. Types of materials include a short history, agendas, minutes, budgets, correspondence, constitutions, resolutions, election materials, flyers, subject files, clippings, and a printed web page. Major subjects include Asian and Asian-American students, Asian and Asian-American culture, student life at Duke University, and governance of student groups. The Asian Students Association is a member of Spectrum, an intercultural coalition of student leaders and organizations at Duke University.
- Asian Students Association records 1995-2005
- Duke University. Asian Students Association.
- 10.6 Linear Feet, 1265 Items
- University Archives, Duke University.
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult University Archives, Duke University.
Contains a short history, agendas, minutes, budgets, correspondence, constitutions, resolutions, election materials, flyers, subject files, clippings, scrapbooks, and a printed web page pertaining to the general governance, social activities, and cultural activities of the Asian Students Association at Duke University. Materials range in date from 1995 to 2005
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
The Asian Students Association was founded at Duke University in 1981 to serve the social, political and cultural interests of Asian and Asian-American students. The ASA hosts three annual events: Charity Ball, Lunar New Year Festival, and Heritage Month. The organization also hosts mixers with local universities, cooking classes, game nights, and brings political and educational speakers to campus. As of 2007, the Asian Students Association is active at Duke University.
- Asian American students -- North Carolina -- Durham.
- Asian students -- North Carolina -- Durham.
- Asian Americans -- North Carolina -- Durham
- Asian Americans -- Race identity
- Duke University -- History
- Duke University. Spectrum
- Duke University -- Students
- Duke University -- Students -- Social conditions
- Black Student Alliance records (University Archives, Duke University.)
- Diya records (University Archives, Duke University.)
- Spectrum records. (University Archives, Duke University. )
[Identification of item], Asian Students Association Records, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
Transfer; 1997; A97-63; 2007; UA2007-0059.
Processed by Emily Glenn
Completed January 2003
Encoded by Emily Glenn, April 2003
Updated by Sherrie Bowser, October 2007
Updated by Sherrie Bowser, February 2008
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.