Guide to the Basketball Records, 1906-[ongoing]
The Sports Information Office provides information on Duke athletes and sports teams to the media.
The collection includes largely clippings, statistics, press releases, programs and some correspondence. A good portion of the material is xeroxed.
- University Archives, Duke University
- Duke University. Sports Information Office.
- Basketball records, 1906-[ongoing]
- Language of Material
- 82.9 Linear Feet, about 63,400 Items
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
The basketball records largely include clippings, statistics, press releases and programs about the Duke men's basketball team. There is some correspondence as well. A lot of the material has been xeroxed. The records range in date from 1906-ongoing.
The collection is arranged into two series: General Material, 1906-2003 and Game and Tournament Programs, 1936-2003. Due to multiple accessions, the boxes are not in sequential order and boxes 43-81 are stored offsite. For general basketball statistics, please refer to the website GoDuke.com
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
Boxes 43-81 (General Material) are in off-site storage; 48 hours advance notice is required for use.
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Variant titles include Duke basketball press guide, Duke basketball media guide, Duke basketball magazine, Duke basketball yearbook. This serial has been cataloged individually (call number GV885.72.D87 D854) and is located onsite with other basketball records.
The Sports Information Office provides information about Duke athletics to the media. They also facilitate press interviews with Duke athletes and coaches. For many years, the SI Office has maintained records, photographs and other material about Duke athletic teams.
- Non-Revenue Sports Records. (Duke University Archives.)
- Football Records. (Duke University Archives.)
- Scrapbooks. (Duke University Archives.)
- Athletic Dept. Records. (Duke University Archives.)
- Photograph Collection. (Duke University Archives.)
- Photographic Negative Collection. (Duke University Archives.)
- Chanticleer Photograph Collection. (Duke University Archives.)
- Edmund M. Cameron Records. (Duke University Archives.)
- Athletics Reference Collection. (Duke University Archives.)
- Athletic Council Records. (Duke University Archives.)
- Athletics Department Football and Basketball Game Film and Video Collection (http://library.duke.edu/uarchives/holdings/film/sportsfilms.html)
[Identification of item], Basketball Records, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
The Basketball Records were received by the University Archives as transfers over time.
Processed by Kimberly Sims, November 2007
Encoded by Kimberly Sims, November 2007
Updated by Mary Samouelian, July 2008
Multiple accessions were merged into one collection, described in this finding aid.
Descriptive sources and standards used to create this inventory: DACS, EAD, NCEAD guidelines, and our local Style Guide.
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.