Guide to the Duke Endowment Reference Collection, 1964-ongoing
The Duke Endowment Reference Collection contains addresses, clippings, ephemera, news releases, information on the Duke Endowment archives housed in the David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library at Duke University, as well as various newsletters, reports, and yearbooks concerning the Duke Endowment and Duke Power. This collection was compiled from a variety of sources by the University Archives for use in reference and research
- University Archives, Duke University
- Duke University. University Archives
- Duke Endowment Reference collection 1964-ongoing
- Language of Material
- 1.5 Linear Feet, 500 Items
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
The Duke Endowment is a common law charitable trust that began its legal existence on December 11, 1924, when James Buchanan Duke signed the Indenture, which established a $40 million dollar endowment whose mission is to serve the people of North Carolina and South Carolina by supporting selected programs of higher education, health care, children's welfare, and spiritual life. Market Value of Endowment Assets as of Dec. 31, 2006: Approximately $2.9 billion.
- Robert F. Durden Reference Collection, circa 1965-2001. (University Archives, Duke University. )
- William Preston Few records and papers, 1814-1971 (bulk 1911-1940). (University Archives, Duke University. )
- The Duke Endowment Archives : records, 1902 - [ongoing] (bulk [1920s]-[1990s]) [manuscript]. (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library.)
- Papers, 1924-1928. [Betty Dailey] (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library.)
- Papers, 1927-1998. [Clyde, Paul Hibbert, 1896-] (David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library. )
[Identification of item], Duke Endowment Reference Collection, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
The Duke Endowment Reference Collection was compiled from a variety of sources by the University Archives for use in reference and research.
Processed by Archives Staff, February 2008
Encoded by Sherrie Bowser, February 2008
Updated by Kimberly Sims, March 2011
Descriptive sources and standards used to create this inventory: DACS, EAD, NCEAD guidelines, and our local Style Guide.
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.