Guide to the Events Reference Collection, 1903-ongoing
The Events Reference Collection contains files of clippings, programs, brochures, and other materials concerning various academic, professional, and social events at the University. This collection was compiled from a variety of sources by the University Archives for use in reference and research.
- Record Group
- Events Reference collection
- Duke University. University Archives
- 1.3 Linear Feet, approx. 1,300 Items
- David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Material in English
The collection contains materials pertaining to celebrations, exhibits, conferences, symposia, lectures, meetings, visitors, and other events such as Parents' Weekend, the British-American Festival, and seasonal celebrations. Information about campus events will be found also in the records of sponsoring bodies, such as the Duke University Union, and academic departments and divisions.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48 hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the University Archives to use this collection.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Calendar of Duke University, 1930-1966 (Duke University Archives)
- Duke University Calendar, 1966-1985 (Duke University Archives)
- Commencement Collection, 1850-ongoing (Duke University Archives)
- Convocations Collection, 1937-ongoing (Duke University Archives)
- Duke University Union Records, 1954-ongoing (Duke University Archives)
- Founders’ Day Collection, 1903-ongoing (Duke University Archives)
- Trinity College (Durham, N.C.) Reference Collection, 1892-ongoing (Duke University Archives)
[Identification of item], Events Reference Collection, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
The Events Reference Collection was compiled by University Archives staff from a variety of sources.
Processed by Thomas Harkins, July 2009
Updated by Thomas Harkins, April 2010
Encoded by Kimberly Sims, August 2009
Updated by Josh Larkin Rowley, February 2011
Updated by Molly Bragg, July 2011