Guide to the Virginia Parrott Collection, 1958-1962
Virginia Parrot was a 1962 graduate of the Woman's College and a member of Debate Council and the PreMed Society. Collection contains a disassembled scrapbook and assorted loose memorabilia reflecting student life at the Woman's College in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
- Record Group
- Virginia Parrott collection
- Parrott, Virginia
- 0.5 Linear Feet, about 400 Items
- David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Material in English
Collection contains a patent Duke scrapbook and additional assorted loose memorabilia. Materials present include a Class of 1962 ribbon, welcoming letters and printed matter from campus organizations to incoming students. Senders include the Judicial Board, the YWCA, and various sororities. Copies of the Cadueceus, the newsletter of the Duke PreMed Society, printed programs, and other material reflective of student life in the late 1950s and early 1960s is also present. Due to wear, items in scrapbook have been foldered in page order and the scrapbook pages discarded.
Access to the Collection
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48 hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the University Archives to use this collection.
Collection is open for research.
Use & Permissions
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
How to Cite
[Identification of item], Virginia Parrott Collection, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
Virginia Parrott entered the Woman's College of Duke University in the fall of 1958 and graduated in 1962 with a degree in History. Parrott was a four year member of the Debate Council; a member of the PreMed Society her freshman and sophomore years; and a member of Tau Kappa Alpha.
- Odessa Massey scrapbook, 1924-1928 (University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Alice Craven scrapbook, 1915-1924 (University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Maude Brown scrapbook, 1924-1937 (University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Virginia Hicks scrapbook, 1921-1925 (University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Woman’s College Oral History Project Records, 2003-2006 (Duke University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Woman’s College Records, 1928-1974 (Duke University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
Click to find related materials at Duke University Libraries.
- Duke University. Woman’s College -- Students
- Duke University. Woman’s College -- History
- Duke University. Woman’s College
- Parrott, Virginia
The Virginia Parrott Collection were received by the University Archives as a gift in 1996.
Processed by Josh Larkin Rowley, May 2009
Encoded by Josh Larkin Rowley, May 2009
Accession A1996-98 is described in this finding aid.