Inventory of the Virginia Parrott Collection, 1958-1962
Virginia Parrot was a 1962 graduate of the Woman's College and a member of Debate Council and the PreMed Society.
Collection contains a disassembled scrapbook and assorted loose memorabilia reflecting student life at the Woman's College in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
- University Archives, Duke University
- Parrott, Virginia.
- Virginia Parrott Collection, 1958-1962
- Language of Material
- 0.5 Linear Feet, about 400 Items
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Collection contains a patent Duke scrapbook and additional assorted loose memorabilia. Materials present include a Class of 1962 ribbon, welcoming letters and printed matter from campus organizations to incoming students. Senders include the Judicial Board, the YWCA, and various sororities. Copies of the Cadueceus, the newsletter of the Duke PreMed Society, printed programs, and other material reflective of student life in the late 1950s and early 1960s is also present. Due to wear, items in scrapbook have been foldered in page order and the scrapbook pages discarded.
Patrons must sign the Acknowledgement of Legal Responsibility and Privacy Rights form before using this collection.
Also, all or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. Consequently, there may be a 24-hour delay in obtaining these materials.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the University Archives to use this collection.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Virginia Parrott entered the Woman's College of Duke University in the fall of 1958 and graduated in 1962 with a degree in History. Parrott was a four year member of the Debate Council; a member of the PreMed Society her freshman and sophomore years; and a member of Tau Kappa Alpha.
- Odessa Massey scrapbook, 1924-1928 (University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Alice Craven scrapbook, 1915-1924 (University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Maude Brown scrapbook, 1924-1937 (University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Virginia Hicks scrapbook, 1921-1925 (University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Woman’s College Oral History Project Records, 2003-2006 (Duke University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- Woman’s College Records, 1928-1974 (Duke University Archives/David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
[Identification of item], Virginia Parrott Collection, University Archives, Duke University.
The Virginia Parrott Collection were received by the University Archives as a gift in 1996.
Processed by Josh Larkin Rowley, May 2009
Encoded by Josh Larkin Rowley, May 2009
Accession A1996-98 is described in this finding aid.
Descriptive sources and standards used to create this inventory: DACS, EAD, NCEAD guidelines, and local Style Guide.
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.