Guide to the Scholarships Reference Collection, 1953-ongoing
Collection includes materials concerning scholarships and fellowships awarded by the University and notable scholarships won by Duke students. Present are newspaper clippings, memoranda, notices, brochures, lists of scholarships, fellowships, and winners and other material. Scholarships include Alumni Association, Angier B. Duke, athletic, Barry M. Goldwater, Benjamin N. Duke, Braxton Craven, Churchill, Duke-North Carolina Honors, the Faculty Scholarship Fund, Fulbright, James B. Duke Fellowships, Luce, MacArthur, Madison, Marshall, Mellon, Nanaline Duke, North Carolina Scholarships, Presidential Fellowships, Reginaldo Howard, Rhodes, Richard M. Nixon, Robertson, Rotary Foundation, Trinity, Truman, University Scholars, and other awards.
See also scholarships and fellowships under department, programs and divisions.
- University Archives, Duke University
- Duke University. University Archives
- Scholarships Reference collection 1953-ongoing
- Language of Material
- 0.5 Linear Feet, 300 Items
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- Angier B. Duke Memorial Scholarship
- Duke University -- Funds and scholarships
- Duke University. Trinity College of Arts and Sciences -- Funds and scholarships
- Fulbright scholarships
- MacArthur Fellows Program
- James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation (U.S.)
- Rhodes scholarships
- Alexander Memorial Fund records, 1970-1979. (University Archives, Duke University.)
- Awards Reference Collection, 1879- (University Archives, Duke University.)
- Legacy for tomorrow: Duke University scholarships in the Trinity College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering. (University Archives, University Archives. )
- Office of the University Treasurer records, 1893-1982 (University Archives, Duke University.)
- Student Project for University Development records, 1976-1979. (University Archives, Duke University.)
- Trinity College of Arts and Sciences, Office of the Dean records, 1934-2003. (University Archive, Duke University. )
[Identification of item], Scholarships Reference Collection, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
Complied by University Archives staff from campus mailings, clippings, and other sources for use in reference and research.
Processed by Archives Staff, May 2008
Encoded by Sherrie Bowser, May 2008
Updated by Molly Bragg, July 2011
Accessions were merged into one collection, described in this finding aid.
Descriptive sources and standards used to create this inventory: DACS, EAD, NCEAD guidelines, and our local Style Guide.
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.