Inventory of the Songs and Cheers Reference Collection, 1913-ongoing
The Songs and Cheers Reference Collection was compiled from a variety of sources by the University Archives for use in reference and research. It includes songs, cheers, and yells from Trinity College (Duke's predecessor) and Duke University as well as clippings and papers regarding copyright and the history of Duke's alma mater and fight song.
- University Archives, Duke University
- Duke University. University Archives.
- Songs and Cheers Reference Collection, 1913-ongoing
- Language of Material
- 0.25 Linear Feet, 250 Items
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Patrons must sign the Acknowledgement of Legal Responsibility and Privacy Rights form before using this collection.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Office of the Bursar records, 1928-1956. (University Archives. Duke University. )
- Robert Lee Durham Papers, 1888-1946. (University Archives. Duke University. )
[Identification of item], Songs and Cheers Reference Collection, University Archives, Duke University.
The Songs and Cheers Reference Collection was compiled from a variety of sources by the University Archives for use in reference and research.
Processed by Archives Staff, May 2008
Encoded by Sherrie Bowser, May 2008
Accessions were merged into one collection, described in this finding aid.
Descriptive sources and standards used to create this inventory: DACS, EAD, NCEAD guidelines, and our local Style Guide.
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.