Guide to the Theological Society Records, 1870-1893
The Trinity College Theological Society was founded in 1870 and was the precursor to the Divinity School. This collection contains minutes, member lists, and constitution of the Trinity College Theological Society. The material ranges in date from 1870-1893.
- Record Group
- Theological Society records
- Trinity College (Randolph County, N.C.). Theological Society
- 1 Linear Feet, 3 Items
- David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Material in English
The collection consits files pertaining to the Trinity College Theological Society. These include minutes, member lists, and the constitution, contained within three bound volumes. The three volumes are grouped under the series of Records.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
All or portions of this collection may be housed off-site in Duke University's Library Service Center. The library may require up to 48 hours to retrieve these materials for research use.
Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the University Archives to use this collection.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Materials are fragile.
The Trinity College Theological Society was founded in 1870, predating both the Divinity School and the college's move to Durham. The records were donated to the Trinity College Historical Society in 1907.
- Trinity College (Randolph County, NC) collection, 1836-1990. (Duke University Archives) Divinity School Records, 1915-ongoing. (Duke University Archives) Inventory of the Minister to the University (Dean of the Chapel) records, 1940-1984. (Duke University Archives)
[Identification of item], Theological Society Records, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
The Theological Society Records were received by the Trinity College Historical Society as a gift in 1907.
Processed by Matthew Shangler, January 2010
Encoded by Matthew Shangler, February 2010