Guide to the Trinity College (Durham, N.C.) Reference Collection, 1889-1992
The collection contains printed matter including brochures, bulletins, hymns, etc. as well as correspondence and subject files on Trinity College (Durham, N.C.). The provenance for most the material is unknown and was put together in this collection by Archives staff for research and reference use. The material ranges in date from 1889-1992.
- University Archives, Duke University
- Duke University. University Archives
- Trinity College (Durham, N.C.) Reference collection 1889-1992
- Language of Material
- 1.0 Linear Feet, 1000 Items
- For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
In 1841, Trinity College in Randolph County, NC was first formally chartered as Union Institute and was formed by the Union Institution Society, a group of Methodists and Quakers. Braxton Craven became head of the institution in 1842. The school was re-chartered in 1851 as Normal College. In 1859, the institution's name was changed to Trinity College upon affiliation with the Methodist Church. In 1892, Trinity College relocated to Durham, NC.
- Trinity College (Randolph County, NC) collection, 1836-1990. (University Archives, Duke University.)
- Trinity College Library Records, 1892-1924. (University Archives, Duke University.)
- Trinity College (Durham, N.C.) Office of the Treasurer records, 1891-1924. (University Archives, Duke University.)
[Identification of item], Trinity College (Durham, N.C.) Reference Collection, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
The Trinity College (Randolph County) Reference collection materials were compiled from a variety of sources by University Archives staff for reference and research.
Processed by Kimberly Sims, January 2007
Encoded by Sherrie Bowser, February 2007
Updated by Molly Bragg, August 2011
Accessions A90-21, A95-78, A78-52 were merged into one collection, described in this finding aid.
Descriptive sources and standards used to create this inventory: DACS, EAD, NCEAD guidelines, and our local Style Guide.
This finding aid is NCEAD compliant.