Viewing Films or Requesting Copies
Viewing films in the Rubenstein Library’s reading room may be arranged if viewing copies of the films have been made. If a viewing copy exists, the following notation will appear at the top of the film's database record:
To inquire about a viewing, please contact us here
DVD copies of these game films may be ordered for personal and educational use only.
- Before initiating an order, please review the unique characteristics of these coaching films.
- There is a charge of $75 per copy, plus $10 shipping and handling. The actual cost of digitization is considerably higher, but the University Archives is committing additional resources to enable increased preservation of the films. Any additional funds raised are directed to the further preservation of our football and basketball game films.
- Due to marketing and licensing concerns, we do not make copies of NCAA tournament games.
- Turnaround time depends on the condition of the original film and whether or not we have a viewing copy. The average turnaround time is between 4 to 6 weeks.
- To initiate a request for a copy of a game film, please contact us here and indicate which game film(s) you are interested in by sport, opponent, and date.
- Media outlets interested in receiving copies of game footage as digital files should contact us for options.
All films and videos are made available under the fair and educational use provisions of U.S. copyright law. Other uses, including commercial use or broadcast (including webcast), must be approved by the Duke Sports Information Office, and, in some cases, other licensing concerns.